At Krause's Chocolates, our goal is to please you, the customer. This page covers our policies on Shipping, Warm Weather Shipping, Returns & Refunds, and Privacy, as well as the conditions of use.
Krauseschocolates.com, Krause’s Chocolates, Krause’s Candy or any of its employees or associates does not insure the quality or speed of delivery by any of our shipping vendors. Refunds, returns or replacements for any lost, delayed, mishandled, melted, discolored or damaged chocolates or chocolate items are not the responsibility of Krauseschocolates.com, Krause’s Chocolates, Krause’s Candy or any of its employees or associates. Please also note that we currently only offer shipping to the lower 48 states.
Warm Weather Shipping Policy
For the months of May through October or when temperatures warrant we recommend that all chocolates be shipped in an insulated container with ice packs in order to prevent the chocolate from melting during the shipping process. The “warm weather” packing will protect the chocolate for 2 days under normal circumstances. We will not ship without these special containers due to the vulnerability of our specialty homemade chocolates to high temperatures. We do not accept returned materials. Since the items are perishables, re-sale of unopened or un-used product violates several public health codes. Thank you for selecting Krause’s Chocolates.
Return and Refund Policy
Krauseschocolates.com, Krause’s Chocolates, Krause’s Candy does not offer returns or refunds on any of its products.
By visiting Krauseschocolates.com, you are accepting the practices described in this Privacy Notice.
What Personal Information About Customers Does Krauseschocolates.com Gather?
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future shopping for you, improving our stores, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use “cookies,” and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses Krauseschocolates.com.
- Information from Other Sources: We sometimes receive updated delivery and address information from our shippers or other sources so that we can correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily.
What About Cookies?
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and for storage of items in your Shopping Cart between visits.
- The “help” portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. However, cookies allow you to take full advantage of Krauseschocolates.com, and we recommend that you leave them turned on.
Does Krauseschocolates.com Share the Information It Receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others.
- Agents: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include filling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Protection of Krauseschocolates.com and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Krauseschocolates.com, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing for secure processing.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
Krauseschocolates.com does not sell products for purchase by children. We may sell children’s products for purchase by adults. If you are under 18, you may use Krauseschocolates.com only with involvement of a parent or guardian.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to visit Krauseschocolates.com, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages, arbitration of disputes, and application of the law of the state of New York. If you have any concern about privacy at Krauseschocolates.com, please send us a thorough description to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will try to resolve it. Our business changes constantly. This Notice and the Conditions of Use will change also, and use of information that we gather now is subject to the Privacy Notice in effect at the time of use. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, unless you have instructed us not to, but you should check our Web site frequently to see recent changes.
Information You Give Us
You provide most such information when you search, buy, or communicate with customer service. For example, you provide information when you search for a product; make an order; provide information in your account (and you might have more than one if you have used more than one e-mail address when shopping with us) or communicate with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise; complete a questionnaire or a contest entry form. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, address, and phone number; credit card information; people to whom purchases will be shipped, including address and phone number; content of reviews and e-mails to us.
Krauseschocolates.com Conditions of Use
If you visit or shop at Krauseschocolates.com you accept these conditions. Please read them carefully.
Visits to Krauseschocolates.com or sent e-mails to us, are electronic communications. You consent to receive communications from us electronically. We will communicate with you by e-mail or by posting notices on this site. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
All content included on this site, such as text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, accounts, and descriptions are the property of Krauseschocolates.com, its vendors or its content suppliers and protected by United States and international copyright laws. The compilation of all content on this site is the exclusive property of Krauseschoclates.com and protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. All software used on this site is the property of Krauseschoclates.com or its software suppliers and protected by United States and international copyright laws.
LICENSE AND SITE ACCESS
Krauseschoclates.com grants you a limited license to access and make personal use of this site and not to download (other than page caching) or modify it, or any portion of it, except with express written consent of Krauseschocolates.com This license does not include any resale or commercial use of this site or its contents; any collection and use of any product listings, descriptions, or prices; any derivative use of this site or its contents; any downloading or copying of account information for the benefit of another merchant; or any use of data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools. This site or any portion of this site may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, resold, visited, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without express written consent of Krauseschocolates.com You may not frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any trademark, logo, or other proprietary information (including images, text, page layout, or form) of Krauseschoclates.com and our affiliates without express written consent. You may not use any meta tags or any other “hidden text” utilizing Krauseschoclates.com’s name or trademarks without the express written consent of Krauseschocolates.com Any unauthorized use terminates the permission or license granted by Krauseschocolates.com You may not use any Krauseschoclates.com logo or other proprietary graphic or trademark as part of the link without express written permission.
If you use this site, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting access to your computer, and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password. Krauseschoclates.com does sell products for children, but it sells them to adults, who can purchase with a credit card. If you are under 18, you may use Krauseschoclates.com only with involvement of a parent or guardian. Krauseschoclates.com reserves the right to refuse service, terminate accounts, remove or edit content, or cancel orders in their sole discretion.
REVIEWS, COMMENTS, COMMUNICATIONS, AND OTHER CONTENT
Visitors submit reviews, comments, and other content; and other communications; and submit suggestions, ideas, comments, questions, or other information, so long as the content is not illegal, obscene, threatening, defamatory, invasive of privacy, infringing of intellectual property rights, or otherwise injurious to third parties or objectionable and does not consist of or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings, or any form of "spam." You may not use a false e-mail address, impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise mislead as to the origin of content.
If you do submit material, and unless we indicate otherwise, you grant Krauseschoclates.com a nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, and fully sublicensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, and display such content throughout the world in any media. You grant Krauseschoclates.com the right to use the name that you submit in connection with such content, if they choose. You represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to the content that you submit; that the content is accurate; that use of the content you supply does not violate this policy and will not cause injury to any person or entity; and that you will indemnify Krauseschoclates.com for all claims resulting from content you supply.
RISK OF LOSS
All items purchased from Krauseschoclates.com are made pursuant to a shipment contract. This means that the risk of loss and title for such items pass to you upon our delivery to the carrier.
Krauseschoclates.com attempts to be as accurate as possible. However, Krauseschoclates.com does not warrant that product descriptions or other content of this site is accurate, complete, reliable, current, or error-free.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
THIS SITE IS PROVIDED BY KRAUSESCHOCOLATES.COM ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. KRAUSESCHOCOLATES.COM MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE OPERATION OF THIS SITE OR THE INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS, OR PRODUCTS INCLUDED ON THIS SITE. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THIS SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK.
TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, KRAUSESCHOCOLATES.COM DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. KRAUSESCHOCOLATES.COM DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THIS SITE, ITS SERVERS, OR E-MAIL SENT FROM KRAUSESCHOCOLATES.COM ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. KRAUSESCHOCOLATES.COM WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM THE USE OF THIS SITE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.
CERTAIN STATE LAWS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS, OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MIGHT HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.
By visiting Krauseschoclates.com, you agree that the laws of the state of New York, without regard to principles of conflict of laws, will govern these Conditions of Use and any dispute of any sort that might arise between you and Krauseschocolates.com
Any dispute relating in any way to your visit to Krauseschoclates.com or to products you purchase through Krauseschoclates.com shall be submitted to confidential arbitration in Kingston, New York, except that, to the extent you have in any manner violated or threatened to violate Krauseschoclates.com's intellectual property rights, Krauseschoclates.com may seek injunctive or other appropriate relief in any state or federal court in the state of New York, and you consent to exclusive jurisdiction and venue in such courts. Arbitration under this agreement shall be conducted under the rules then prevailing of the American Arbitration Association. The arbitrator's award shall be binding and may be entered as a judgment in any court of competent jurisdiction. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, no arbitration under this Agreement shall be joined to an arbitration involving any other party subject to this Agreement, whether through class arbitration proceedings or otherwise.
SITE POLICIES, MODIFICATION, AND SEVERABILITY
Please review our other policies, posted on this site. These policies also govern your visit to Krauseschocolates.com We reserve the right to make changes to our site, policies, and these Conditions of Use at any time. If any of these conditions shall be deemed invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable, that condition shall be